This Safe Home Pledge has been developed to educate parents about what we can all do to reduce underage drinking in our community. While this is not a legally binding contract, it represents your commitment to a common sense approach to ensure the safety of our children.
I support creating an alcohol and drug-free environment for our children in the community of Avon.
I pledge that:
- In accordance with Mass. General Law CH 138,Sec 34, I will not allow alcoholic beverages or other drugs to be served to minors at parties or activities in my home, or on my property.
- I will actively chaperone all underage parties or activities in my home.
- I will alert the appropriate parents or guardians of any child who is, or appears to be, under the influence of alcohol or other drugs in my home or within the community.
- I will welcome conversations from other parents or guardians whose children have been invited to my home.
- I will welcome conversations from other parents or guardians if my child is, or appears to be, under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- I will remove all unused prescription medications, and monitor medications and alcohol in my home.
By signing the ACES Safe Home Pledge, you join other parents, guardians, and coalition members in your community who are actively trying to help prevent underage drinking and other drug use. You cannot guarantee that your children won’t try alcohol or other drugs, but by signing this pledge, you let your children know that underage drinking and other drug use is against the law and against your family values and beliefs.